Sonakshi Sinha to play village girl avatar

By Hindustan Times: Sonakshi Sinha’s wholesome village belle image, from her debut hit Dabangg (2010), seems to have stuck with her ever since. Starting with that and then Rowdy Rathore earlier this year, the actor has officially become the desi girl of Bollywood. And what’s better is that it even works to her advantage.

We hear that in her next, Milan Talkies, Sonakshi is all set to play a village girl once again. A source close to the film tells us, “The looks Sonakshi sported in Dabangg and Rowdy Rathore suited her really well and she garnered a lot of appreciation for them. The audience seems to like her that way.”

The source adds, “Her role and, more importantly, her look in Milan Talkies is inspired by these two films. And since she can carry it off with ease, the makers are quite sure that the look will yet again be a hit with the masses. Sonakshi, by now, has a decent fan following, which is also an advantage. Besides, the look they’ve zeroed down is perfect for the storyline of the movie.”

In an earlier interview, when asked if going the desi way worked best for her, Sonakshi had said, “I don’t mind experimenting, but sticking to the Indian look has definitely worked well for me so far. I think it has also made me connect with my audience in a certain manner and I’m fine with sticking to it (the look).” About making the desi girl look sexy, Sonakshi had said, “I know I’m not stick thin and I don’t intend on being that way either. Being desi suits me and voluptuous is definitely very sexy. So why not?

Source: http://www.bollywood.com/sonakshi-sinha-play-village-girl-avatar

Comments